Tamen Logo

Michael Sohor & Co is now known as Tamen Accountants. This is a name change only - we are the same dedicated team, and look forward to serving our valued clients for many years to come.

You can get a mortgage as a self-employed person, but you will need to provide extra information to the lender compared to a salaried employee. Please note that director shareholders with a 20% or more shareholding are generally treated as “self employed” for mortgage purposes, even if they operate through a limited company as an employee.

You will need to provide a summary tax calculation, known as an “SA302” plus a tax year overview, which can be obtained from HMRC free of charge. Sometimes the lender will request an accountant’s certificate.

You should have at least one year’s trading history, and preferably two, before applying for a mortgage.

Deadlines don't have to be taxing

Our tax experts we can make sure all your tax returns are filled out and submitted in the most efficient way. Get in touch to find out more about our tax return services.