Tamen Logo

Michael Sohor & Co is now known as Tamen Accountants. This is a name change only - we are the same dedicated team, and look forward to serving our valued clients for many years to come.

People who are worried about the impact of rising prices and its effect on household incomes are being urged to seek support.

Speaking to a trained and experienced debt adviser about your situation could help you decide what to do before the situation gets out of control.

Having early conversations is the best first step to resolving your money issues and avoiding missing payments. If you already have an Individual Voluntary Arrangement, Income Payments Agreement or Income Payments Order, this is what you could do:

Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVA)

If you are in an IVA, you can ask your supervisor to review your income and expenses to see if you are eligible for a reduction in payments or payment break.

You will be required to provide evidence of your income and expenditure to support a change to your contributions. This could include providing payslips, statement of benefits or utility bills.

Any amendments to your contributions into your IVAs would need to be agreed with your creditors.

Your supervisor has been provided with the latest guidance on adjustments to payments, via the IVA Standing Committee, and they will also be aware of alternative solutions to help you resolve your debt issues and can help you find further information where appropriate.

Income Payments Agreements and Income Payments Orders

If you have an Income Payments Agreement or Income Payments Order, you can ask for a review of your income and expenses to see if you are eligible for a reduction in payments, or payment break.

The spending guidelines have been updated for inflation in the current financial climate and if you feel you need a review, you should contact the organisation you make payments to.

Other payment agreements

If you currently have an agreement to pay the Official Receiver as trustee in bankruptcy or liquidator of a company and are concerned about future payments, email the DART Team via mailto:dart.post@insolvency.gov.uk.

The Government’s MoneyHelper has lots of free information and resources to help you manage your money in uncertain times and how to keep up with essential bills and payments.

If we can help you with any money concerns, get in touch.

Share this post:

Looking for instant advice?

Our team are waiting to answer any question you may have via our live chat feature.


Contact our team

Call us on:

01204 391 505

Email us on:


Related blog articles

18th Apr 24 | Updates/ News

New employment protections...

The following changes were enacted from 6 April 2024. These changes apply to England, Wales...

Read more

16th Apr 24 | Updates/ News

Opening up small company reporting...

Companies House are working on detailed changes that will require small and micro sized companies...

Read more

12th Apr 24 | Updates/ News

Boost for small businesses...

In a recent press release, HMRC underlined the benefits to smaller businesses from the increase...

Read more

Let us know your thoughts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.